Favorite Songs of the Red Army and Navy
In order to complete this activity, this page should be printed and reproduced for students. Use the following primary source to conduct a document analysis. Always be on the look out for hidden clues in the text, coloring, or layout of the document.
Primary Source Document Analysis
- Background Information on the document:
- What type of document do you think this is?
- When was the document was created?
- Who is the author or creator of the document?
- For what audience was this document written?
- List three things revealed in this document that you think are important
- Why do you think this document was created?
- What evidence in the document helped you to decide why it was written? Quote directly from the document.
- List two things the document tells you about Paul Robeson at the time it was written.
- Write a question to the author that is left unanswered by the document.
Question for Discussion
- Why would people find Robeson's participation in this project controversial?