- American Cranberry Growers' Association. Records, 1896-1907 (Inclusive). Trenton: The Association, 1896-1907.
- Beckwith, Charles S. Cranberry Growing in New Jersey. Circular 246 (March 1931) New Brunswick: New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station.
- Cunningham, John. "The Lengthened Shadow of One Man." The Royle Forum 15 June 1967: 12-14.
- Dye, Franklin and Jacob G. Lipman. Farm Lands in New Jersey: Their Natural Characteristics and Adaptability To The Various Farm Crops. Trenton: The New Jersey State Board of Agriculture. 1911.
- Eck, Paul. The American Cranberry. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press, 1990.
- Michalsky, Barbara V. Whitesbog: An Historical Sketch. Browns Mills: Conservation & Environmental Studies Center, 1978.
- New Jersey Cranberry Growers' Association and American Cranberry Growers' Association. Proceedings of Meetings and Conventions, 1879-1888. Haddonfield, New Jersey: The Associations, 1881-1888.
- White, Elizabeth. "Development of the Cultivated Blueberry." Speech presented at the Annual Meeting of the American Pomological Society, December 1920. Browns Mills, New Jersey: Whitesbog Environmental Trust.
- White, Elizabeth. "Taming Blueberries." Program of the Garden Club of New Jersey. WOR, New York. 6 July 1937. Transcript.
- White, Joesph J. Cranberry Bog Log Book, 1890-1912. Browns Mills, New Jersey: Whitesbog Environmental Trust.
- White, Joseph J. Cranberry Culture. New York: Orange Judd, 1870.
- White, Joseph J. "Discoveries." 59th Annual Convention of the American Cranberry Growers Association 30 August 1929.
Trenton: The Association, 1929.
- Woodward, Carl R. and Ingrid Nelson Waller. Where There Is Vision: The New Jersey Agriculture Experiment Station, 1880-1955. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press, 1955.
- Black-and-white agricultural photographs are part of the Augustine Collection of Photographs and reproduced with permission of Rutgers Special Collections and Archives.
- Elizabeth White's letter to the United States Department of Agriculture transcribed with permission of the Whitesbog PreservationTrust. All rights reserved.
- Joseph White's Logbook entry reproduced with permission of the Whitesbog Preservation Trust. All rights reserved.
- Ocean Spray's 50th Anniversary Patch and cranberry images reproduced with permission of the Ocean Spray Corporation, Lakeville-Middleboro, Massachusetts.
- Photograph of George Cook reproduced with permission of Rutgers Special Collections and Archives.